Xbox 360 is a great gaming console that features one of the best graphics. Video games can be displayed on HD on this gaming console. There are various games of different genres that you can play on the Xbox 360. You can play adventure, fighting, RPG, Sports, racing games and other genres of video games with the Xbox 360. And like any other console, you can connect two or more controllers on the Xbox 360 and play with your friends. But if your friends can’t come and play with you, you can still play with other players through the Xbox Live.
Xbox Live is an online multiplayer gaming that owners of the Xbox 360 can use. Players can play against other players from anywhere in the world. But you do need to connect to the internet. Xbox 360’s first method is to get a Wireless Network Adapter. But the Xbox 360’s Wireless Network Adapter is relatively expensive and you may not be able to buy it. If you do not want to buy it, you need to connect to another source. But how do you set up Xbox Live using another method? The solution to your question, “How do you set up Xbox Live using a different method”, is to connect to a wired network.
How do you set up Xbox Live on a wired network? There are two methods to do this. The two methods depend on where your modem is and where you want to set up your Xbox Live. Here are the two methods:
How do you set up Xbox Live in a wired network in the same room as your computer?
1. If your modem is already connected to a router, and your computer is connected to a router, proceed to step 4. If not, do the following
a. If your computer is directly connected to a modem, then unplug the network cable from the computer and connect it to the router using the port named Internet, WAN, or WLAN.
b. If your computer is connected to the internet, then get a network cable, connect one end on the modem, and connect the other to the router’s Internet, WAN, or WLAN port.
2. Plug in your router and turn it on. See if the Internet, WAN, or WLAN light turns green, which indicates a successful connection. If not, check if your modem is also on and if your network cables are broken.
3. Get another network cable, plug it on any port of the router, and plug the other end of the cable on your computer.
4. Turn your Xbox 360 off. Get a network cable (that is compatible with your Xbox 360) and plug one end on the router, and the other end on the I/O port of your Xbox 360.
5. Turn on your computer and start playing on the Xbox Live.
How do you set up Xbox Live in a wired network on a different room from your computer.
To do this method, you first need to buy a wall-plugged network extender kit. Then do the following steps:
1. If your modem is already connected to a router, proceed to step 4. If not, do the following:
a. If your computer is connected to your modem directly, disconnect the network cable on your computer and reconnect it to the router’s Internet, WAN or WLAN port.
b. If your computer isn’t connect to a modem, get a network cable, connect one end on the modem and connect the other end on the router’s Internet, WAN or WLAN port.
2. Turn on your router and see if the Internet, WAN or WLAN light turns green to indicate a successful connection. If it is not green, check if your modem is off and if your network cables are broken.
3. Get a network cable, connect one end on the router and connect the other on your computer.
4. In the room where the router is, plug one of the wall-plugged network extender kits on a power outlet. Do not plug it on extension cords.
5. Get a network cable and plug one end on the router and the other on the wall-plugged network extender kit.
6. Go to the room where your Xbox 360 is and plug the other wall-plugged network extender kit on a power outlet.
7. Get the Xbox 360 compatible network cable and connect one end on the wall-plugged network extender kit and the other on the I/O port of your Xbox 360.
8. Turn on your Xbox 360 and start playing on Xbox Live.